7 August 2017
All board members were present for the meeting.
Walking tour of the City Renewal Precinct
The board participated in a guided walking/bus tour of the City Renewal Precinct, which included informal presentations from City Renewal Authority and Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate staff. The board also had the opportunity to meet Mr George Katheklakis from the ACT Property Council.
During the course of the meeting, the board resolved to:
- Set up three committees:
- Planning, Design and Public Realm Committee
- Stakeholder Engagement Committee
- Human Resources and Remuneration Committee
- Appoint an external member to the Audit and Risk Committee and consider the appointment of a second external member.
- Invite the Chief Minister to an upcoming board meeting.
- Meet with the National Capital Authority board as soon as possible.
Presentation by the ACT Government Solicitor
Representatives of the ACT Government Solicitor provided the board with materials relevant to their statutory and other obligations.
The board discussed the following priorities:
- Responding to the Chief Minister’s 2017 Statement of Expectations. Under the City Renewal Authority and Suburban Land Agency Act 2017, the Board has 60 days to provide the Chief Minister with a draft Statement of Operational Intent. The board’s response will be the focus of its next meeting.
- Risk management and governance arrangements.
Presentation by the ACT Government Solicitor’s Office
Representatives from the ACT Government Solicitor’s Office provided the board with further material relevant to their statutory obligations.
The board will next meet in Canberra in mid-September 2017.
Should you require any further information please contact the City Renewal Authority media and communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Authorised by Dr Michael Easson AM
Chair, City Renewal Authority Board