City Centre Marketing and Improvements Levy
The City Centre Marketing and Improvements Levy is applied to ACT commercial properties in the City and some selected areas of Braddon. The levy is used to fund events, promote activities, capital improvements and provide cleaning and security services to the City and Braddon Districts.
From 1 January 2018, the management of the City Centre Marketing and Improvements Levy will transfer to the City Renewal Authority. We will work with levy payers and stakeholders on developing services and programs to increase activity and vibrancy within the levy area.
To minimise disruption as the management of the levy is transitioned to the City Renewal Authority, we aim to maintain continuity of services and programs currently provided to levy payers. Ongoing consultation will include face-to-face meetings, as well as regular email correspondence.
Graffiti removal program
As of 1 January 2018 the CRA will continue to remove graffiti from private buildings within the City Centre Marketing and Improvements Levy area.
Building owners will however need to give permission for the removal to occur; you can opt in to this service here.
If you see graffiti that needs to be removed, report this here.
You can view the CRA’s graffiti removal policy below.
Graffiti removal policy
- Graffiti will only be removed from private buildings within the CCMIL collection area.
- Graffiti can only be removed from a private building if the building owner, tenant or manager has opted in to the CRA’s graffiti removal program.
- Graffiti will only be removed from any one building a maximum of 3 times per calendar year.
- Graffiti will not be removed from a building in cases were the graffiti could have easily been prevented e.g. by restricting access to building roofs.
- In the event offensive graffiti located on a building that has not opted in to the program is reported, the CRA will attempt to contact the building owner or occupier before removing the graffiti.