Overarching Priority Action
|A. Bring together ACT Government information, advice and support into one place||1. Establish an all-of-government central landing website page to improve navigation for people seeking online information about housing initiatives, homelessness services and public housing.||2018-19||EPSDD/CSD||Topic-based Housing and Homelessness website established.|
Strategy Goals and Actions
- An Equitable, Diverse and Sustainable Supply of Housing for the ACT Community
- Provide land and housing development opportunities to meet demand.
- Set a 15% target for social and affordable housing.
- Maintain a healthy land and housing development pipeline.
- Provide a diverse mix of housing types and choice.
- Facilitate innovative design and delivery mechanisms.
- Encourage well designed, environmentally sustainable and accessible housing.
- Reducing homelessness
- Build strong ACT Government and community sector partnerships to effectively address homelessness in the ACT.
- Intervene early and reduce the intergenerational impacts of homelessness.
- Address gaps in our services system and respond to new and emerging groups vulnerable to homelessness.
- Improve pathways out of homelessness.
- Develop a strong and sustainable homelessness services sector supported to enhance workforce and organisational capability.
- Establish an integrated and coordinated human services system across the ACT Government.
- Strengthening Social Housing Assistance
- Grow and renew social housing to better meet demand.
- Build a range of housing options that are designed to better meet the diverse and contemporary tenant needs.
- Develop a tenancy service that focuses on client outcomes and responds to individual needs.
- Provide a better customer experience through a modern and digital service platform for current and future tenants.
- Increasing Affordable Rental Housing
- Grow and diversify the community housing sector.
- Grow the supply of affordable private rental properties.
- Strengthen rights and protections for tenants.
- Provide targeted advice and support to tenants and landlords.
- Target programs to increase supply of affordable housing for vulnerable and disadvantaged households.
- Increasing Affordable Home Ownership
- Provide more affordable homes for purchase.
- Increase home ownership through alternative finance and occupancy models.