How will the government achieve the strategy's objectives?
The accompanying implementation plan sets the future course for government and how this strategy will be implemented. This strategy is a whole-of-government effort. Directorates will work together to deliver the actions, and monitor and report on outcomes of the implementation plan. The implementation plan sets out which government directorates are responsible for each action, increasing transparency and accountability for delivering the outcomes.
The strategy informs and supports other ACT Government strategies to enable better integrated outcomes across a broad range of services to the community.
The ACT Government will continue to collaborate with industry and community groups in the implementation of actions and the design of new actions resulting from investigations and research committed to in this strategy.
Homes and Housing website
- The new Homes and Housing website provides a central online location for information about the services, programs and policies designed to support the government's commitment to affordable and accessible housing.
- The site will be progressively updated in relation to this strategy and as actions, policies and programs are implemented.
- The site will provide information about accommodation support services such as crisis accommodation, and links to other government services relevant to the strategy such as building and planning information.
- The website will help the community know where to go for help, advice, information and support, or to discuss their ideas.
Monitoring, reporting and evaluation
As part of the implementation of the ACT Housing Strategy, the government will undertake ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the actions in the implementation plan.
The government will:
- undertake regular reviews of the strategy and updates of the implementation plan
- report back to the community annually on the strategy and the progress and status of the actions in the implementation plan
- continue working with the Australian Government on data improvement and data sharing as part of the National Housing and Homelessness Agreement.