Have your say on the City Action Plan
Canberra’s city centre is the prime address of our city. It is where our people live, work, meet and hang out. It is a place for everyone.
The City Action Plan outlines the vision for Canberra’s city centre and actions to get there. But our plan is one under development. We want to work with you to create a city centre that reflects our cool little capital. The City has a rich history and an exciting future.
For our city we want:
- A 24 hour economy
- An active, diverse street life
- A city that inspires pride – a city to celebrate
- An attractive city
- A fun and lively city
- A safe and accessible city
- Easy connections for pedestrian, cyclists and commuters
With its public places, laneways and streets, the city centre has the potential to cater for a more vibrant social life to better reflect Canberrans and the nation – as the heart of the nation’s capital.
The government is focusing on stimulating private, community and creative sector activity through:
- policy and regulation changes;
- investment and partnership; and
- municipal service provision.
How can you have your say?
Consultation started in August 2016 and will be ongoing throughout 2016-17 (questions will change regularly).
To have your say: