New ACTION Bus timetable starts 29 August
Better bus services to some of Canberra’s growing suburbs will be introduced when a new bus timetable starts on 29 August.
A key feature of the timetable will be significantly improved services for the residents of Weston Creek and the rapidly growing Molonglo region. This will include the introduction of the Weston Line – an all day service linking Woden, Cooleman Court and Civic via the Cotter Road, an all day service going via the North Weston Park & Ride/Bike & Ride, as well new services into Coombs.
Some of the improvements include:
- The extension of Blue Rapid 300 services to Kippax along Southern Cross Drive to take advantage of upgraded bus stops and giving residents in West Belconnen a quicker journey.
- The introduction of the Weston Line, an all day service linking Woden, Cooleman Court and Civic via the Cotter Road.
- Extension of services for Coombs residents, with Route 83 to Woden and Xpresso 783 to the City during peak times.
- All day services for the North Weston Park & Ride/Bike & Ride, which provides a 15 minute journey to the City.
- New direct peak services for Crace residents, providing a direct route the City and Parliamentary Zone during peak times.
- New direct peak services for residents in Florey and Latham, providing a direct route to and from the City, Woden and Tuggeranong during peak times.
- Additional Xpresso services on the Route 743 and 744 to cater for growing demand from West Belconnen and on Belconnen Way.
There will also be minor changes to school services, which schools and parents will be notified about.
For more information, including routes, timetables and maps, visit transport.act.gov.au or call the Transport Canberra Information Line on 13 17 10.