Upgrading parks and playgrounds across Canberra
Families and children across Canberra will soon enjoy a better experience at their local park or playground. Upgrades have been announced for a number of parks, playgrounds and dog parks across the city.
- 30 high-use playgrounds around the ACT will be upgraded with new shade sails, new play equipment, and rest areas for parents and carers.
- Four playgrounds in Boswell Street in Florey, Jacobs Street in Evatt, Howell Street in Gowrie and Yerrabi Pond District Park in Gungahlin, will receive major upgrades with a mix of new equipment for kids of all ages.
- Telopea Park in Barton, Finn Street in O’Connor and Tuggeranong Town Park will be upgraded to include new natural play spaces.
- Six popular dog parks will get a facelift with some restoration work.
- Weston Creek/Molonglo is getting a new dog park.
- Tuggeranong skatepark will get at upgrade.
- Fitness equipment in Yarralumla will be enhanced to help encourage people to be active outdoors.
A total of $3.5 million will be allocated to the upgrades in the 2016/17 ACT Budget.