Age friendly upgrades in Monash and Kaleen
Upgrades to pathways, crossings and traffic islands have started in Monash and Kaleen.
These improvements provide better access to local shops for everyone, including people with disabilities, and older Canberrans who may have some mobility challenges.
Works in Monash include upgrading:
- paths between Goodwin Village and Monash Shops along Cockcroft Avenue
- paths between Cockcroft Avenue and Cowdery Place
- pram crossings and refuge islands associated with these three paths.
Works in Kaleen include upgrading:
- the path between the childcare centre and Kaleen Plaza along Georgina Crescent
- the path between the shared path south of Rubicon Street and the car park in front of the Kaleen Community Hall
- existing crossing across Maribyrnong Avenue in front of Kaleen Plaza
- paths and crossings at Gwydir Square.