Lower your energy bills this winter
Canbrrrr...winter is coming. Here are some tips on how to stay warm and keep your energy bills low.
- Draught-proof your house using door sweeps and weather strip your windows.
- Have your gas or reverse cycle heating systems serviced, including duct work.
- Ensure your ceiling insulation has an R-value of 5 or better and install good window coverings.
- Turn off heating overnight, when not at home, and in unused rooms.
- Make sure your hot water pipes are well insulated.
For advice or to register for a FREE workshop, call 1300 141 777 or visit www.actsmart.gov.au.