Sensational summer of CBR events
Celebrate the festive season and make the most of the warm weather, with a number of summer-tastic events being hosted around Canberra.
From north to south, these jolly activities are bound to fill up your holiday calendar.
- 8 December: Then in the evening go south and join others getting into the Christmas spirit with Carols in the Lanyon Gardens..
- 12-24 December: Treat the whole family to 'Merry and Bright', an ACT Government sponsored event with street performers and fun activities throughout City Walk, Garema Place and Petrie Plaza.
- 13 December: Join in the fun at the long-table dinner and celebrate local food and drink from the Canberra region at Glebe Park.
- 15 December: As part of Merry and Bright, enjoy a free day out in Glebe Park with the family offering children’s cooking classes, creative workshops and backyard cricket.
- 17-21 December: Also part of the Merry and Bright event calendar, head outside for Family Movie Night screening classic Christmas films over five nights at Glebe Park.
- 21 December: Watch the Rebel Women’s Big Bash League match between the Sydney Thunder and the Hobart Hurricanes, followed by the KFC Big Bash League season opener between the Thunder and the Melbourne Stars. Get your tickets now at manukaoval.com.au/events).
- 22 December: The Christmas buzz continues in Civic as Santa hosts breakfast for the kids as part of Merry and Bright.
- 31 December: Celebrate the end of 2018 and the start of a new year in Civic filled with activities for the whole family, food, entertainment and fireworks.
For more information on summer events, visit events.act.gov.au.