New Public Transport Network in Belconnen
Bus services in Belconnen will provide frequent, reliable connections to the Belconnen Town Centre from all suburbs in the region, and the Kippax Centre for suburbs in the western part of the region.
Local services have been designed to move you within and across your region, connecting with frequent, direct Rapid services at key locations including town centres. Every local service in Belconnen connects with the Belconnen Town Centre.
The Belconnen Bus Stations will provide convenient connections to multiple Rapid routes, providing access to City, Barton, Russell, Dickson, Fyshwick, Gungahlin and the Canberra International Airport. Kippax provides customers with a connection to the Rapid 2, which services the Belconnen Town Centre, University of Canberra, City, Barton, Kingston and Fyshwick.
What’s changed following consultation?
- Rapid 4 extended to provide a frequent, direct Rapid service between Belconnen, the City, Woden and Tuggeranong.
- Rapid 3 extended to provide a direct, frequent service from Belconnen and the City to Brindabella Business Park.
- Rapid 9 to run via Fern Hill to provide better coverage in Bruce.
- Changes to local services to provide better coverage for suburbs in south-west Belconnen such as Higgins, Hawker, Scullin and Page.
- Changes to local services to provide better coverage for suburbs in northern Belconnen such as Melba, Evatt, Spence and Fraser.
- Route 31 extended to provide a direct service from the Belconnen Town to the City via Lawson, Kaleen, Dickson and Braddon.
New bus network map and more information at transport.act.gov.au