Your Top 10 favourite posts in 2018
From magpies, a platypus and a swarm of wolf spiders to the first snow of winter and an exciting game of disc golf, Canberra offered some interesting stories on social media this year.
Here is a collection of your Top 10 favourite Facebook posts from across all ACT Government Facebook pages in 2018.
10. To kick off the list, at tenth spot is a video about 22-year-old Tarran who collapsed and stopped breathing during a game of indoor soccer. It was shared by ACT Emergency Services Agency to inspire Canberrans to learn how to restart a heart and help save a life.
9. At number 9 on the list, Study Canberra and the Australian National University offered five scholarships to high-achieving students from India in 2018 and the post attracted a lot of interest. Munivenkata Krishna (pictured) from Bangalore was a former recipient of this Scholarship.
8. Canberrans love their food and they went crazy for these colourful unicorn waffles from SPACE Kitchen in 2018 after this photo was shared by VisitCanberra.
7. Look away arachnophobes... In seventh place, Erin-Claire Barrow took this photo of a wolf spider spotted carrying her babies on Mt Majura. They would have stayed on her back for nearly a week until they were ready to venture off on their own. The photo was shared by ACT Parks and Conservation Service.
5. The fifth spot was taken out by one of Canberra's most photogenic festivals. Some stunning photos were taken of Enlighten events and shared by Enlighten’s Facebook page.
4. Canberra Health Services shared some tips to avoid being swooped by a magpie, which were a hit with Canberrans and attracted hundreds of comments.
3. In third place, ACT Parks and Conservation Service shared this popular video on Facebook about 350km of Canberra's walking tracks that can now be explored on Google Street View.
2. The second spot starred disc golf, which was a hit in 2018 with thousands of Canberrans commenting on, liking and sharing this ACT Government video about the city’s new disc golf course.
1. And your favourite Facebook post for 2018 was of pictures of the first snowfall of the year at Namadgi National Park, shared by ACT Parks and Conservation Service.