Growing schools across Canberra
To help with the growing demand of enrolments to ACT public schools, new schools will be built in Molonglo, Throsby and Kenny.
Molonglo Primary School will be ready for students from the start of 2021, Throsby Primary School opens in 2022, while a high school in Kenny will be open in 2023.
Schools across Canberra are also expanding:
- Franklin Early Childhood School will grow from a Preschool to Year 2 facility to a Preschool to Year 6 school by mid-2021
- Gold Creek School’s senior campus will increase by 200 students
- Gungahlin College will increase by 200 students
- Lyneham High School will increase enrolments by 50 students from next year and
- Hawker Primary School will increase enrolments by 50 students from next year.
Transportable classrooms will provide flexible and high-quality learning environments for the students.
More at education.act.gov.au
For more Canberra news, find out about: