Mother and son enjoying a book at the Dickson Library.
22 November 2019
Dickson Library has served the Inner North community for 50 years.
The Dickson Library opened to the public on 6 December 1969. Designed by internationally respected Italian-born architect Dr Enrico Taglietti, the building has been heritage-listed and is an iconic location to Canberra inner-north community.
Celebrate Dickson Library’s 50th birthday with Libraries ACT from 10.15 am on Saturday 30 November. It’ll be a great day full of family friendly activities:
- Join our VIP guest and other library lovers for cake, because good birthday parties should always have cake!
- National Trust Heritage Talk & Tour about the building's design and the late Dr Enrico Taglietti
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar is 50 story time
- Music of the 1960s with acoustic duo Kath and Ross
- Sausage Sizzle by Majura Men's Shed
- Left Lane Outreach Theatre present Little Worm
For more Canberra news, see:
You can also subscribe to the monthly Our Canberra e-newsletter here.