Teachers, school leaders and support staff recognised at 2019 ACT Public Education Awards
Canberra’s outstanding teachers, volunteers and school leaders have been recognised at the 2019 ACT Public Education Awards.
The awards acknowledge principals, teachers, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education leadership, support staff, partnerships and volunteers.
This year's winners included:
- Education Support Person of the Year: Vince Wood, Business Services Officer at Bonython Primary School
- Volunteer of the Year: Carol Quashie-Williams Parent Volunteer at Farrer Primary School Environment Centre
- New Educator of the Year: Francis Ventura, Classroom Teacher, Calwell High School
- Early Childhood and Primary Teacher of the Year: Karen Wilson Visual Arts Teacher – Primary, Bonython Primary School and Natalie Otten, Teacher Librarian, Amaroo School (joint winners)
- Secondary Teacher of the Year: Kylie Brown, Teacher, Campbell High
- Leadership in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education: Tikarra Looke, Indigenous Education Officer, Kingsford Smith School
- School Leader of the Year: Jackie Vaughan, Principal, Flexible Education
- ESO School Support Person of the Year, Jo Wisdom, Career Programs and Practice (in schools), Transitions and Careers
More information about the awards can be found at https://www.education.act.gov.au/about-us/act-public-education-awards