27 September 2019
Spring has officially arrived, bringing with it warmer weather, longer days and a number of exciting events for all Canberrans.
- Floriade has begun and will run until Sunday 13 October
- NightFest will light-up Floriade at night from Thursday 3 to Sunday 6 October
Getting to Floriade and NightFest
Transport Canberra’s Rapid 2, Rapid 4, Rapid 6, Rapid 7 and Rapid 10 operate from Belconnen, City, Woden, & Tuggeranong Bus Stations with high frequency.
These bus services will provide easy access to Commonwealth Park via stops 8888 & 8889 on Commonwealth Avenue.
Bus services to Floriade via the bus stops on Commonwealth Avenue will depart from Platform 2 and Platform 4 at the City Bus Station.
- Weekdays: R2, R4, R6, R7 and R10
- Saturday: R2, R4, R6, R7 and R10
- Sunday: R2, R4, R6, R7 and R10
If you are travelling from Gungahlin to Floriade you can catch the light rail into the City before transferring onto a Transport Canberra bus service from Platform 2 and Platform 4. Light rail services run between Gungahlin Place and Alinga Street.
Regular fares apply for public transport to Floriade.
Alternatively, you can walk from the City Bus Station to Commonwealth Park which is an approximate 1km walk via the footbridge over Parkes Way.
Need more information on catching public transport?
- The Transport Canberra Journey Planner can help you decide how and when to travel to events
- NXTBUS can provide real time information regarding bus services. You can use NXTBUS to look up bus stop locations by number
- You can also follow Transport Canberra on Facebook @TransportCanberra and Twitter @Transport_CBR to keep up to date with everything public transport related.
For more Canberra news, see:
- What's on this year at Floriade
- Manage your hay fever symptoms
- Sign up to the new YourSay Community Panel
You can also subscribe to the monthly Our Canberra e-newsletter here.