The safety of staff and customers is the highest priority for Transport Canberra.
28 May 2020
Children are continuing to return to the classroom and all bus and light rail services, including special needs transport, are operating as normal. Increased cleaning is taking place across all areas of public transport including at stops, stations and within the vehicles. To keep the community safe from COVID-19, it’s important to only use public transport if necessary.
Traffic congestion can occur around schools during the morning and afternoon peak periods. To help alleviate congestion and improve the health and wellbeing of our school community, we encourage walking or riding to school during this time, which may include part way points near the school.
If you need to use public transport to get to and from school, be aware and remember the following:
- No cash is being accepted - to travel you will need a MyWay card or pre-purchased ticket from a vending machine
- Top up and register your MyWay card - you can top up your MyWay card through autopay and register your card online
- Use the rear door to enter and exit on buses, unless you require low floor access from the front door (signal the driver if you need to enter through the front doors)
- Light rail vehicles have auto door openings at all stops, so you don’t need to press the 'open door' button
- Maintain physical distancing while travelling
- Keep the front seats closest to our drivers vacant
- Always practise good hygiene
For more on protecting yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19, visit the COVID-19 website.
To find Transport Canberra timetables, head to the Transport Canberra website.