09 September 2020
Canberrans now have access to a contactless, secure and convenient way for customers to sign into Canberra venues – the Check In CBR app.
The new Check In CBR app is now available for download and will begin being used in the coming weeks by local businesses and venues.
The app will enable individuals to check in to venues and have this data stored securely with ACT Health in the event contact tracing is needed due to a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the community.
Use of the app will help the ACT Health contact tracing team quickly identify and assist anyone who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Follow these simple steps:
- Download the Check-In CBR App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Register your details (required for the first time only).
- At participating venues, open the app, select ‘Check In Now’ and hover your smartphone over the displayed QR code.
- Add in any additional people – those who are with you and without their own device or app.
- When the check-in is complete, show venue staff the successful check in app screen.
- Enjoy your time out and about in your community knowing you are helping to stop the spread.
If you are a business and are looking to register your venue, visit the COVID-19 website. Once you are registered you will be provided with a unique QR Code and an App Starter Kit (including QR Code posters).
For more information, including steps for how to download and use the Check In CBR app, visit the COVID-19 website.