Support is still available for Canberra families and households affected by COVID-19.
09 September 2020
Support is still available for Canberra families and households affected by COVID-19, to reduce pressure on household budgets.
Many people in the community have experienced financial difficulties – from reductions in their income to losing work.
Those hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic in our community can still apply for support through a range of ways, such as:
· Interest-free hardship rates deferrals for households if their income has been reduced by at least 25 percent due to COVID-19 (household incomes must be less than $160,000 before tax).
· Land tax and rates rebates for landlords who reduce rent by at least 25 percent for tenants impacted by COVID-19.
· Stamp duty concessions on single residential dwelling blocks and some off-the-plan units for home buyers planning to live in their new property.
· A $900 rebate on 2020-21 electricity bills for asylum seekers; and
· A COVID-19 Hardship Isolation Payment to support Canberrans who are unable to temporarily work under a COVID-19 direction or health guidance.
Households and families can also call the COVID-19 helpline on 6207 7244 to access services and find out what they might be eligible for.
For more information about support, eligibility and how to apply, visit: www.covid19.act.gov.au/business-and-work/economic-survival-package/families-and-households
There is also a range of support services available to business affected by COVID-19. For more information, read the Our Canberra article.