A range of support is still available for local businesses affected by COVID-19.
A range of support is still available for local businesses affected by COVID-19, to ease financial pressure.
Over the last six months, the Economic Survival and Recovery Package has helped businesses and industry as many reopened their doors and adjusted to physical distancing requirements.
Targeted support has been provided to industries hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic, such as hotels and hospitality, tourism, community clubs and construction; however, a range of other businesses and industries are also eligible.
Support still available includes:
· Reductions in charges such as the City Centre Marketing and Improvement Levy, and commercial property rates rebates, which aim to reduce costs of property owners so they can pass these savings onto business tenants.
· Food business registration, outdoor dining and liquor licensing fee waiver.
· Rebates of the water and sewerage fixed charges on Icon Water bills for the full 2020-21 financial year for hotels and accommodation providers.
· Café’s, restaurants and takeaways can apply for a $1,000 rebate on electricity bills.
· Payroll tax waivers and interest-free tax deferrals.
· Payroll tax exemptions for businesses taking on new apprentices or trainees.
· A freeze on a range of government fees and charges; and
· Free infection-control training and support.
ACT businesses can also contact the Canberra Business Advice and Support Service on 6297 3121 for tailored advice for businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Businesses needing advice about how to operate in a COVID-safe environment can contact the Access Canberra Business Liaison Line on 6205 0900.
For more information about support, eligibility and how to apply, visit: www.covid19.act.gov.au/business-and-work/economic-survival-package/supporting-local-businesses-and-the-economy
Support is also available for families and households affected by COVID-19 to reduce pressure on household budgets.
If your income has been affected by COVID-19 you might be entitled to support through the Economic Survival Package.
For more information, read the Our Canberra story.