If you are living overseas and want to apply for ACT nomination for a Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) you must meet certain criteria at the date you submit the Canberra Matrix.
These include the following:
- Nominated Occupation: Your nominated occupation is on the latest ACT Critical Skills List.
- You are working full time in your nominated occupation.
- You hold the relevant Australian registration or licencing if it is required for your nominated occupation.
- ACT Job Offer: You have a full time job offer in your nominated occupation. The position must be Canberra and be available for at least two years. The employer:
- must be a medium to large Australian enterprise (50 plus employees) actively trading in Canberra.
- cannot be trading from a home, online or serviced office.
- must have a genuine need to employ an overseas skilled worker.
- must demonstrate that the position is relevant to the business; and cannot be filled from the local labour market.
- Employer statutory declaration: your ACT employer MUST declare that:
- you will be employed in a genuine position in Canberra in accordance with Australian legislation.
- the position is relevant to the operations of the business.
- the minimum period of employment is for at least two years.
- they have tested the labour market and are unable to find an Australian Citizen or permanent resident to fill the position.
- English: You meet the Department of Home Affairs requirement for ‘proficient’ or ‘superior’ English; or you hold a valid passport issued by the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland.
- Spouse / partner:
- If you wish to claim Matrix points for a spouse / partner, you must have proof of the relationship; either a marriage certificate or a civil partnership/union certificate. The ACT does not accept a claim of a defacto relationship.
- If you wish to claim Matrix points in the spouse / partner employment category, your spouse / partner must meet the Department of Home Affairs requirement for ‘competent’ English; or hold an Australian passport.
- Overseas Resident: You and any migrating dependents (except children enrolled at school in the ACT):
- are living overseas.
- have not lived in Australia for the last year.
- do not hold a current Australian visa (or bridging visa), except an Australian visitor visa.
- Commitment to Canberra: You have researched Canberra and the wonderful lifestyle we enjoy.
- You must attach a commitment statement to the application, explaining why you want to live in Canberra and describing your future lifestyle. The statement must be written in your own words.
- You must sign a declaration committing to living and working in Canberra for at least two years from the date of permanent arrival in Australia.
- Settlement funds: you have access to sufficient money to fund your migration and settlement in Canberra.
- Service Fee: $300
Supporting documentation: Your supporting documentation must evidence your eligibility to apply for ACT nomination and any Matrix score claimed.